The HP 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches, for small business and others looking for plug-andplay basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10-Gigabit uplink models.
The 1420 Switch Series includes four Gigabit switches. All have 10/100/1000 ports for affordable Gigabit connections using copper Cat 5e cabling. There is a 16-port RJ45-only model. There is a 24-port model with two SFP Gigabit ports, ideal where long distances require fiber-based connections. Another 24-port model supports IEEE 802.3at PoE+ on 12 of its ports, able to forward up to 30W power on these ports to power Access Points, IP phones, IP cameras and other PoE-enabled devices. For cost-effective high-speed fiber-based server connections, there is a 24-port 10/100/1000 switch with two SFP+ 10-Gigabit ports.
HP 1420 switches have quality of service (QoS) support and IEEE 802.3x flow control features that improve network efficiency.
Simplified plug-and-play convenience is supported by features such as auto-MDIX and autospeed negotiation. HP has innovated and combined the latest advances in silicon technology to bring you some of the most power-efficient switches. All models support the Energy Efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az standard, as well as auto power-down mode on idle ports, and power saving on short-distance cables. With their fanless silent operation, these switches are ideal for office deployment. HP 1420 switches come with a limited lifetime warranty covering the unit and power supplies, as well as 24x7 phone support for the first three years of ownership.
- Features 24 networking ports to establish large network
- Supports optical fiber cable to span longer distances and provided high data transmission rates between servers and network components
- Gigabit Ethernet port for ultra-fast network speeds
- With leading Layer 2 support, experience enhanced convenience, secure business operations, and a borderless network experience
- The unmanaged switch provides a quick, easy and cost-saving way to add wired networking to your home, office or small business; no intervention needed